If you are coming to Europe to study with Forum-Nexus this Winter, one question you might be asking is “do I need a Visa” to travel to Europe?”.

If you are coming from the USA, you do not need a visa (up to 90 days) for travel within the EU.  For visitors from other countries, the details are as follows:

“Non-EU citizens that do not need a visa are those of North & South America in addition to:

  • Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Gibraltar, Grenada, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia and Switzerland.

If you are one of these nationalities, you can enter Spain without a visa and stay for up to 90 days in any 6-month period.  Source: Spain Guide

Now, for travel to Turkey, there is an additional research you should do.  Find out if you need a visa to visit Turkey.  With a little internet search, you will find information such as:

“Visas – Sticker-type entry visas: Tourists and business visitors from the following countries do require visas and can obtain a sticker-type entry visa at the point of entry for a fee (prices are dependent on nationality):

(a) 2. Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Ireland, Italy, Malta, The Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, the UK* and USA for stays not exceeding 90 days;
(b) 3. Greek Cypriot Administrative Region, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Slovak Republic for stays not exceeding 30 days.  Check out this source and this Source
For a full list of Turkish consulates and missions, go to www.mfa.gov.tr.

*note: this information is subject to change, and is provided here as a matter of refernce.  Please check with your nearest Consulate / Embassy for the latest information.

Leave a Reply